Monday, May 3, 2010

Perspectives, etc.

My air went out over the weekend and of course I grumbled about the temperature in my place all weekend. After the four inches of rain fell today and flooded some people near me out for the second time in just a few months, I felt a little guilty about complaining. At least I stayed dry!

I did manage to get to Little Bit's to stay with her but it wasn't an easy drive early this morning. Standing water, several wrecks, and just plain hard pouring rain made it a bit dicier than usual.

It's always an experience to be with her. I never would have dreamed in a 100 years that I would utter these words: "Turn around. You're getting your (fairy) wings in your food." That was strange even for me but you had to be there to appreciate it.

With buckets of rain coming down, we had to stay inside and she wanted to play dress-up. Usually, that's one costume at the time but today it was a bit different. First she put on a pair of red tights that apparently belonged to her sister as they came all the way up her chest. To that, she added a light pink leotard, a shimmery dark sequined dress with fringe, a pair of light pink tights, a small white garment that I didn't recognize, a blue princess dress, a brimmed hat (forgot what color), white dress-up shoes, and green and pink fair wings.

If that sounds funny, you should have seen me trying to get all of it off so she could get to the potty without an accident!

No comments: