Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sam-I-Ain't!

If what I did Sunday does not give me 'Grandmother of the Year' title, perhaps it will negate some of my little-less-than-proper behavior at Verizon the day before.

I was "chosen" to attend an Atlanta Symphony Orchestra production of Green Eggs and Ham with my granddaughters and their Mom. Perhaps I was expecting too much after seeing the ASO and Atlanta Gay Men’s Choir production of Broadway music a few months ago but that didn’t happen! Whatever the case, there was no comparing the two!

The first show was a truly professional production and this one was amateurish in comparison. Not that the simplistic props were all that bad (for the kids anyway) but I have to wonder who thought the narration in an almost-operatic female voice was appropriate for children. Heck, I had trouble understanding her myself. (Wonder what that says about me?)

The children enjoyed it though but I was as happy as they were that it only lasted an hour!

No comments: