Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring has sprung (sort of)

Well, it's officially springtime in GA and you know what that means: beautiful blooms, longer days, and huge temperature swings in short periods of time. I mean, 70s for two days and snow flurries the following? Seriously!!

Roo is in soccer now and we missed her second practice due to the weather. I e-mailed the coach and said that even though it wasn't called off, I couldn't expose my three-year-old to 39 degree weather and drizzling rain for an hour. She was very nice and e-mailed me back, explaining that they had just essentially played around a half hour since only two others showed up. Glad to hear that I wasn't the only "slacker" parent!

On an entirely different subject, I am amazed at the amount of vitrol I have been witness to the past few days regarding the passage of the healthcare bill. Whether you agree or disagree with it, I mean is it truly necessary to resort to name-calling and incivility? When did we as a people get to the level where the person that shouts the loudest is considered the winner? For myself, I see the pros and cons of it...I am truly concerned about the amount of money involved and how it will impact future generations, but I also see some good points to the bill as well. Regardless, I am finding very few people with whom I can discuss this with reasonably and in an educated manner instead of them channeling the media with inaccurate and what they believe to be pithy quotes, so I am choosing to keep my opinions mostly to myself.

1 comment:

Life After 60 said...

Probably safer, lol.