Friday, April 9, 2010

Gotta laugh some days

Some days you laugh to keep from crying. I don't eat a lot of fast food but when I do, I try to avoid drive through windows like the plague.

But it was raining yesterday so I did the dreaded drive through thing and while I realize this could have happened inside just as easily, it seems to be worse when you're not looking at the person with whom you are dealing. Inside, you do have a shot at getting a cashier who looks as though s/he at least graduated eighth grade!

Me: I'd like a small double burger with just catsup and mustard.

Wendy's Guy: We don't have a small double burger.

Me: You don't have a junior double hamburger? That's what I usually get.

WG: No, we only have regular double burgers.

Me: Okay, give me a junior burger with catsup and mustard.

WG: Do you want cheese with that?

Me, more than a little exasperated: NO, just catsup and mustard, please!

WG: We have a double stack. That's two little burgers on a bun.

Me: That will be fine. Just give me that.

WG: What do you want on it?

I really wanted to say, "Guess!" but there's no way he would have caught the sarcasm and there's no telling what I would have wound up with in my food bag! All I can say is that it's a good thing the doctor told me to rest my voice as much as possible to keep from losing it all together!

No comments: