Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Should be interesting?

I'm in the country with two very energetic granddaughters while their Mom and Dad go to Louisiana for their great-grandfather's funeral. Mom will be back early tomorrow evening so I should be able to survive until then. Maybe.

My afternoon so far: Watching Curious George and Barbie Christmas DVDs. Roo stroking a dead caterpillar, talking to it sweetly and apologizing to it because she left it in a bag all alone. (It turned out not to be dead!) Little Bit, letting it crawl all over her arms, getting a little upset because I wouldn't (a) let her put it in my car or (b) let her bring it in the house. (Are these really MY granddaughters?)

Experienced a mini-battle with Little Bit because I wouldn't let her go outside with a pair of panties on her head!

Telling a chubby, really bossy child from the neighborhood she would have to go home if they made Little Bit cry again. I haven't done that in a while but appparently I have not lost the knack since there's been no trouble in paradise since then.
 
Wonder what the next 24 hours will bring?

No comments: