Saturday, April 24, 2010

Odds and Ends

My cousin, who was adopted immediately after birth, has discovered who her birth mother was after nearly 53 years. She was naturally curious anyway but having been recently diagnosed with a rare type of cancer, and this seemed to lend more urgency to her quest. It's great that she has some answers at last. I know what it means to have questions about your lineage that are never answered.

On the lighter side, Little Bit has been at it as usual. I think this kid must be 3 going on 33 at times! She informed me she needed a "ginanormous" flashlight in order to tell me some stories she made up. After finding one that met her requirements, she proceeded to make up several tales with Tinker Bell as heroine/victim in each one. One sentence included her saying the villian "vowed to make something terrible happen."

All this story telling preceded three rounds of "ballet" that consisted of her running around a king-sized bed, dressed in assorted costumes, while singing an mélange of Christmas carols mixed with one Rubber Ducky tune. All this in just one afternoon!

I played bridge very badly on Thursday evening but managed to win first place. Go figure!

This is only a partial description of the past few days. I've been much too busy to keep notes but if anything interesting comes back, I will share it later.

No comments: