Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I knew this would happen

Okay, I've been a day ahead since last Wednesday. After a Monday holiday, now I'm a day ahead. Should be an interesting week!

It was a great weekend though. Several friends gathered at my son's apartment in Midtown with lots of laughs and camaraderie, good food, only a tiny bit of drinking, then watching fireworks over Centennial Olympic Park from the roof. The weather was incredible, not at all like July 4 in Georgia. Comfortable temperature, practically no humidity, and a nice breeze blowing all evening. It seems a little strange that the northeast part of the country is suffering from a heat wave while the past few days here have been moderate. Nice while it lasts though.

The week ahead is busy, culminating with the girls coming over Saturday afternoon while Mom and Dad celebrate their 12th anniversary. Just hoping the weather is good so they can get in the pool for a while. (I'm working on getting their uncle to come over and help entertain them at least for a while.) If it isn't, I have a feeling this little apartment is going to get really small before the day is out!

No comments: