Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A "why me?" kind of day

Considering that I slept less than an hour last night, I thought my day was getting off to a decent start, reading the paper and relaxing. Then the plumbers who were supposed to call when they were on their way over, knocked on my door with no warning before I even got dressed. (Okay, it was after 9a.m. but this crew didn’t show up at all yesterday as they were supposed to). They made a mess and the problem is still unresolved.

After they left, I finished dressing and went for an allergy shot and to pick up a prescription at CVS only to learn the doctor’s office had faxed it to the wrong store. Waited while they got it transferred, only to find out the nurse had given the wrong dosage! Told them I would come back after they contacted her and got it corrected. Then, I tried to pay for a couple of little trinkets marked 90% off, only to have them ring up at half price, yet another, albeit brief, wait for a manager to correct this.

It was beginning to feel as though I’d stumbled into some sort of slapstick movie and/or someone would jump out and say, “Smile, you’re on Candid Camera!” any minute. Didn’t happen so I headed back to my moldy apartment and I’m staying here the rest of the day! I have Diet Coke and peanut butter and I think I hear José Cuervo calling my name…

No comments: