Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things you do for grandchildren

If you really enjoy self-inflicted pain (or just feel the urge to hurt yourself), spend a couple of hours at Dillards trying on bathing suits! No blood and guaranteed to induce extreme agony! Just the the trauma of seeing yourself half naked in a full length mirror is enough to make you want to run screaming out of the door. After putting your other clothes back on of course. I'm sure part of it was the lighting. Complete darkness would have been preferable.

That was yesterday. Today I've learned there's one thing even more embarassing: being seen in public in the one you finally settle on! The girls were here this afternoon to let  Mom and Dad have some time to themselves to celebrate their 12th anniversary and of course, they wanted to go swimming. So, if you hear of an outbreak of snow blindness in northwest Atlanta, it was just me taking them to the pool! I don't even remember the last time I was in a swimming pool and my legs (and some other parts) are so white you need sunglasses to look at them!

No comments: