Saturday, July 24, 2010

Maybe customer service isn't quite dead yet

How is this for customer service? (I’ve frequently found it lacking so I want to share some good experiences for a change.)

An order for a specialty order from Papa John’s a few weeks ago took 45 minutes to get to me. (I posted earlier that they had cooked my order incorrectly and this gave me both pizzas.) Not long after that, I received a post card in the mail from them said my recent order did not meet their delivery standards and they wanted to give me a free pizza. That meant 3 large specialty pizzas for the $10 promotional price I paid for one. Outstanding!

The second instance was last Sunday when my son and I were in Target after having brunch at Radial’s. A huge thunderstorm started before we finished and the power went out. (Do you know it’s really, really pitch black in Target when you’re standing at the back of the store where there are no windows and the lights go off?) The backup power kicked in a few minutes later and when we got to the registers, there was a young woman standing there handing out coupons for $3 off everyone’s order for the “inconvenience” experienced. A very pleasant surprise since they had no control over the weather and it wasn’t like anyone was leaving with lightning crashing all around and buckets of rain falling! Good touch though and I commend them for it.

No comments: