Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Different Light?

I hope I never become too jaded to appreciate beauty around me, no matter what form it takes. Going out to TS’s early in the morning this winter has shown me a side of Atlanta I didn’t know was there. I’ve seen the skyline hundreds of time before but not in the hours just before daybreak. Or, perhaps I have, but making the journey several times revealed a view not noticed before.

The spectacular buildings with their varying shapes outlined in lights are breathtaking. Triangles, squares, circles, rectangles, astonishing freeform, even ads and logos reveal an angle you would never dream is there during daylight hours, nor in the first part of night when there’s so much light pollution diminishing the effect. Taillights weaving their seductive scarlet ribbons throughout the city beckon you to follow so enticingly that it’s difficult to ignore them. You have to be careful not to become so mesmerized that it takes your attention from the road as it easily can (and has).

I’ve always known I was in the wrong place all my life but being here has convinced me. Every day is new and different and I look forward to each one…

No comments: