Saturday, February 20, 2010

A week in the life of...

From snow and ice to buds and blooms all in less than a week, nature never fails to surprise. Despite the snow and rain and ice of last weekend, the maple trees and other unnamed culprits around here stubbornly held on through it all and their buds are popping out all over.

Even if I could not see them for myself, I knew something was afoot when the occasional blast from the first of the week turned into a three-day and counting sneezing binge. That, combined with itchy eyes and face, are the surest harbingers I know of spring. I refuse to complain. It seems like a small trade-off to see signs of one of the worst (if not the very worst) winters I can remember finally coming to an end.

Quirky weather, a zebra running around downtown Atlanta and onto the connecter at the height of the 5 o’clock rush hour, my good fortune to have missed the zebra debacle by about 15 minutes, nice new color and cut and a few other oddities have made for an interesting week to say the least. Who defines normal anyway? Bring it on!

No comments: