Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not a break for us

Well, it's Winter Break...officially, anyhow. At our household, not so much. After approximately two days of fun in the snow, Roo's system decided it was time to be sick and so she has been for the past four days. A visit to the pediatrician diagnosed bronchitis, again. Since this is the third time in the past few months, they've put her on Advair as a preventative, at least through the springtime, in addition to the other meds. Now the girls have matching spacers for their inhalers, so I've had to Sharpie Roo's so I can tell them apart. Little Bit is starting to cough, too, so I've started her breathing treatments today and imagine we'll be taking another trip to the doc's office today or tomorrow for an antibiotic.

I must admit to a little jealousy when I see the FB postings of friends who are having a grand time with their kids over the break: trips to Chuck E. Cheese, the jumpy place, errand-running, etc. We've pretty much just seen these four walls since it's been too stinkin' cold to even let them out to see the sun. Believe me, I'm grateful it isn't any worse. I'm just bummed out a little that her break is almost over and we didn't really get to do anything. Even playing on the swingset would be grand right now!

No comments: