Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Girls morning out

Little Bit isn't even 3-1/2 yet but she’s growing and maturing in leaps and bounds right before our eyes, leaving her baby ways behind way too quickly. Well, for me anyway! The weather was nice for a change today so we decided to get out for a bit. We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday, went to Home Depot, and stopped for an item at Wal-Mart before going home. That doesn't seem particularly exciting when you see it written down but she behaved beautifully, far better than much older children you see nowadays. I guess that's something of an echo of what TS just wrote but I'm so happy she is teaching her children to behave and treat others well.

I do wish I had Bit's metabolism though. (Maybe I did when I was three but no more!) She doesn’t care much for breakfast but makes up for it at lunch and is still as slim as a rail. Today she ate some steamed broccoli, grilled chicken, most of the French fries that came with my chicken sandwich, the bacon off my chicken sandwich, three extra slices of bacon, and a big scoop of ice cream before declaring she was “all done.” She looked at me and grinned really big and said, "Bacon and French fries and 'i keam' are my favorite foods." I can only dream!

No comments: