Saturday, June 12, 2010

A good day

Finally got my slightly belated Mothers Day/birthday gift from the children and grandchildren: a comfy leather recliner. Just in time for the US/England World Cup match too.

Before game time, I ordered my favorite pizza combo from the Papa John's just around the corner. Delivery took so long that I was about to call to see what happened when the guy drove up with my order. Turned out workers left the grilled chicken off the first one so had to cook another. To compensate, they sent both of them to me!

I like leftover pizza as much as the next person but two large ones would have had me on a strict pizza regime three times a day for the next week or longer! Fortunately, my neighbor below me lives alone (except for his canine buddy) and he seemed grateful when I offered to share. Probably not as relieved as I was when he accepted, lol. Turned out well and thanks to the Brits' goalie, the US managed to escape with a 1-1 tie after allowing them to score less than four minutes into the game. A good day indeed!

No comments: