Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ruining a good day

How to ruin a perfectly good day in one fell swoop: See the best chiropractor in Atlanta, be given some delicous local tomatoes, shop at Trader Joe's for little things only they seem to carry, have your favorite Starbucks Skinny Mocha for lunch, get home feeling fine, open the mail and find the homeowners tax exemption you were told you were eligible for has been eliminated! It was not a large amount but did save a little bit. I still stay in my house some when I am there, own no property outside Telfair County, get nothing out of it while continuing to pay upkeep and expenses.

To say I am totally p***ed, is a vast understatement! It seems because I changed my voter’s registration to Fulton County that I am no longer allowed to claim this. Just another way for Telfair County to screw those people who do pay their bills on time while they let others go for years never bothering to pay any property taxes! What a crock! And, not that I need one, but what better reason to never move back there?

Funny that I can buy my auto tag there but I'm not allowed to benefit from the only property owners' exemption still left. I feel sorrier for my friends who are there than for myself though. It has always been on the backs of those who pay their taxes while others in much better shape ignore their obligations and we who take ours seriously are hit up more and more every direction we turn. Promises, promises and still we get the short end of the stick. You know, the one with all the brown stuff on it!

No comments: