Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Not a good idea after all

Next time I feel domestic and decide I actually want to cook, I think I will lie down until the urge passes!

I had to force myself to go grocery shopping yesterday but while I was there, I did spot some really nice looking pork tenderloins at a decent price and they sort of beckoned to me. Since all you have to do is stick them in the oven for 25-30 minutes, it seemed like a good idea at the time to get one. Plus, I've temporarily grown a little tired of Lean Cuisine and protein bars.

It cooked beautifully and smelled so good that my neighbors were probably drooling. Just one problem though: I thought I was getting just a plain tenderloin but turns out it had been marinated in teriyaki stuff. One taste totally shocked my tastebuds and I wound up spitting it in the garbage. I like some teriyaki flavors but not this particular marinade. Besides, I prefer my tenderloin roasted with just coarse pepper sprinkled on it. I wrapped it in foil and stuck it in the freezer until I can see if TS and her family like it. If not, I'm sure their dogs will. If I ever get the nerve to do this again, I really need to read labels more carefully!

No comments: