Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy to hear

I was busy writing all day Wednesday and by the time evening rolled around, I was definitely computer weary so skipped posting that day.

I'm happy to hear the "kids" had a good vacation and everyone stayed reasonably healthy even though Little Miss Homebody was ready to return before their beach time was up. With all the stress and sickness, they really needed a break.

On a little better note, I just got back from the park. (I didn't have the spirit to even go there yesterday after seeing the travesty Thirtysomething mentioned.) and a few ducks apparently managed to escape the trappers. I only saw three Canandian geese on the entire lake though and the ducks are still skittish except for a couple of young ones. They've never been as friendly as the geese though but I guess having to battle all those turtles to save their little ones and keep them from chewing on their feet, makes them naturally so. Not to mention human foes!

I only took a little food but two of the surviving seven babies from a flock of ducks streaked across the lake to meet me when I tossed some in the water. Their mom stayed back so I threw in some more and walked away so she could eat too. I was delighted to see they had eluded the nets. From the behavior I witnessed by a pair of Muscovies, it won't be long before there will be some more babies in the park.

Note to Thirtysomething: Stay well! After Sunday, I will be practically (if not completely) invisible here until after July 4 so the burden will be on you. A trip to Asheville, an afternoon at the Fox, etc. etc. will consume most of my time as well as other "stuff."

2 comments:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Oh, the agony of having "stuff" to do. You'll be a trooper, being dragged to Ashville and the Fox, as well as other places, I'm sure :-)

Life After 60 said...

Sarcasm does not become you. :)