Monday, June 1, 2009

An interesting day?

It's been a good day. At least what I remember of it anyway. I went to the park early but the "Old lady of the lake" wasn't in her usual place. I only had a little bread that so I walked on around the lake. I've never fed the Canadian goslings I've been watching, only stopping to talk to them. Yeah, I know it sounds pititful but they seem to like it.

When I spotted them on the lake, I stopped and was quite surprised when they came out of the water to meet me. I knelt down and in a few minutes I was surrounded by 8 babies and 3 adults just watching me for a change. I decided to give them the few crumbs I had and of course, they ate them eagerly. When the bread ran out, they started nibbling on my fingers, to see if they were edible I suppose. They didn't hurt me at all but it was pretty funny. This was the highlight of my day so I suppose that says something about my social life!

After that, I finished my walk and came back to get ready to go in for the second in the series of injections in my back. This time, I agreed to take the Valium. It did help but after I got back about lunch time, I decided to lie down. Except for one phone call that interrupted my "nap." I slept until 8 p.m. Quite a long nap for me, or anyone else I suppose. Anyway, I walked over to the Biscuit for something to eat and I actually think I might be able to go back to sleep. We shall see in a little while. A lost day but I do feel rested for a change.

No comments: