Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Losing my mind

Okay, enough! I'm seriously getting sick of cleaning up other people/animal's messes right now. I know it's part of life and I'll get over it, but I would love for something that I clean to just stay clean for a little while!

DH didn't get home until 10 last night, for the second night in a row, so he hasn't seen the girls since Sunday and they're missing him. Potty training is not going so great right now, with little one announcing that she's gone to the bathroom after the fact. One of the dogs threw up in the van this morning and the other one shed all over the rest of it, despite the towel I laid down for her. Little Bit also decorated herself with an ink pen she discovered in one of the pockets of the van, on the way to pick up big sis from Vacation Bible School, so that was a lovely sight to bring in so all the other parents and teachers could see how capable I am. Oh, and she was covered in dog fur, too, from loving all over aforementioned canine. Did I mention DH also brought in a bunch of stinky Tupperware containers as well last evening, after I had already cleaned the kitchen and started a load of dishes?

We're plugging along with potty training, however frustrating it may be short-term. It's the right time, I just have to have patience...and lots of spare underwear. Fortunately, it does have its funny moments. Yesterday evening she came to the table and her panties were stuffed with something in the front. Turns out it was a huge wad of tissue. When I asked why she put it in there, she said that it was "In case I have to sneeze!"

2 comments:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Okay, add half a container of Biosilk hair serum to the mess list.

Life After 60 said...

Are you beginning to sound like your Mom yet?