Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Few Reflections & Good Wishes

It’s been a year since I made my “escape” from McRae and so much has happened since then that sometimes it feels a little like a dream. I like my life now and my only regret is that I didn’t do it more than 40 years ago. Perhaps there are reasons still unfathomed though.

If I had left then, I would not have my beautiful daughter and her wonderful husband, nor these two precious granddaughters in my life. I continue to be amazed at them every time we’re together. They were playing this afternoon, chattering nonstop, when I heard the three-year-old telling her sister that a gargoyle was trying to catch them. (I really don’t remember my children being this smart!)

I’m grateful for the time I can spend with them. Some days I’m grateful to be going home but sympathize with TH for having to stay. Fortunately, that isn’t too often.

To my friends online and off: I wish you a wonderful Christmas and the most phenomenal New Year ever. Let us remember those for whom this is not a happy time whether it be because of illness, death, divorce, financial problems, or for whatever reason, then count our own blessings thrice. Merry Christmas, everyone.

1 comment:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Aww, Happy New Year Mom and everyone!