Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weather, Etc.

Strange weather today. Snowed for almost 6 hours but only stuck for a very short time here in Midtown. It was beautiful out for a while but just looks dark and slushy now.

Thirtysomething says it's a different story there (40 miles east). They got about 5 inches of snow and their Internet and telephone aren't working. Or weren't about half an hour ago. Lights are flickering too, but hopefully won't go out totally. It could get pretty darned cold without power to run their heating system.

I'm really grateful all this stuff is supposed to move out before my flight leaves Wednesday evening. Son number one had his flight to California cancelled today so I'm doubly glad I decided to leave mid-week.

On another note, when I went to McRae last Thursday, one of the first people I ran into was one of the city councilpersons I referred to (no names called though) in the great water fiasco editorial. He turned his back as though I was going to force him to speak to me. How mature! Bit dog and all that.

I'm still trying to decide exactly what to take with me. I guess I'll be packing and re-packing until Wednesday afternoon. Just hoping I don't leave anything vital behind. With the difference in the pound and dollar, I don't plan to do a lot of shopping!

No comments: