Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fay lost but...

Fay turned out to be a mini-event here at St. Simons's but Iguana's on Mallory Street threw some heavy licks in her stead.

I skipped lunch today to browse some little shops (never paid that much for what is classified as a t-shirt before!) and go out on the pier where a rather rude pelican seemed to think my toes were his lunch. After several attempts on my feet, I retreated to a safe distance as s/he didn't seem inclined to leave first.

After that, I was feeling the need for a little nourishment and decided to stop at Iguana's to replenish my energy supply. They served the most wonderful Peach Margarita I've ever tasted along with the water and calamari I ordered.

It was back to the hotel then to rest up for a night of music and dancing I had planned with friends earlier in the day. Wrong.

Unfortunately, the only music I heard was my iTunes in between bouts of being violently ill and the only dancing done was two-stepping with the toilet seat. (No, it wasn't the Margarita. I only had one!) It seems some sort of food poisoning cooties had invaded one of those items and I barely made it to my room before the fireworks began. Or maybe I should say before the volcano erupted. This was one of those times you needed to get better to die.

It's after midnight now and hopefully my tummy is settling down at last. It should be. There's nothing left in it. I swear, I think I lost last Thursday's lunch! It feels as my whole insides are lined with ground glass. They rebel every time I try to drink something but I'm beginning to think I may actually survive.

Headed home about mid-morning. More later.

No comments: