Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Never hurts to keep options open

I remember an episode of "Designing Women" where Charlene wanted more romance from her man, but eventually realized that he did show romance, though not in the ways she expected. He always made sure her gas tank was filled so she wouldn't get stranded somewhere, started her car on cold mornings, and turned the shower on so she wouldn't be cold, etc. Sometimes when I get frustrated about what I feel is lack of romance and creativity on my husband's part, I remember that episode and am grateful that he is like that and shows his love in everyday ways like that.

It might not be your typical wine and flowers romance thing, but I'd take a man who is genuinely concerned about me any day over grand gestures (though an occasional grand gesture is nice, too!). Of course, there have to be other factors such as compatibility as well, but you know what I mean.

Just food for thought.

No comments: