Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Curtains & Other Stuff

Thirtysomething and her family spent part of the day with me yesterday and son #2 very kindly hung curtains for me. With 10-foot ceilings, it was a bit much to handle alone but with his 6 foot plus height and my ladder, it was a breeze for him. Made the apartment look much nicer too.

The girls were good but did leave a few "souvenirs" behind. They enjoy playing on my bed, pretending to be taking a nap, with pretending being the operative word. Little Bit emptied a lot of her dad's tool kit on the bed so she could get to the pliers and screwdrivers, her "tools" as she claimed so matter-of-factly.

Only one problem: not all of it was put back. Dad checked the bed and thought he had rounded up the strays, but he missed a few. I found several screws, some wall anchors, and bits of paper and plastic before going to bed last night, but apparently saved the "best" for later. I was straightening the bed this morning when I put my knee down on the covers on the opposite side and felt a sharp crunch in my right knee. It seems Little Bit had very neatly tucked a strip of drill bits between the quilt and top sheet. No permanent effects though. The bits and I both survived with minimal damage and I did enjoy having the girls here (Mom and Dad too).

I just got back from a dinner outing with my class at Peachtree Presbyterian. This is a very friendly and active group who welcomed me warmly and I am enjoying being a part of it. Also discovered a Chinese restaurant that makes a good Margarita. Go figure!

The fact that I'm leaving for England in just two weeks hit me tonight and I realized I still have lots to do! Time to quit posting and get started.

No comments: