Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Baaack

Well, the 24 hour sabbatical is almost over. I'm back home, having spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express about an hour from here. I did get to read several junk magazines, eat what and when I wanted to, and do a little outlet window shopping.

The sleep I was hoping to get unfortunately did not happen because I forgot to pack that most useful item when sleeping away from home...ear plugs. There was construction going on next door, so napping when I arrived yesterday did not happen. The construction workers are a rather ambitious bunch, starting back up again this morning at the crack of dawn with the jackhammer. Also, believe it or not, there was a rather rowdy group of educators having a conference. I suppose they are so used to speaking loudly over students that they can't tone down that volume when going back to their respective hotel rooms. Oh, well. I can't complain, because I did get my break and was able to have some solitude and just relax a little. I realized that I worry wayyy too much. It was so difficult for me to calm down and just focus on one thing, which is not good. I'm striving to improve that.

Well, I hear the troops coming in from picking Roo up at preschool. Man (or woman) your stations, everyone!

1 comment:

Life After 60 said...

Does staying at a Holiday Inn Express really make you smarter? :)