Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Funny moments

To offset the aggravations that two-year-olds routinely inflict on their parents, we have cute moments like last evening:

DH was up in the attic changing our air filters, while both girls hovered at the bottom of the steps, saying "Be careful, Daddy! Watch your step!" Little Bit decided to take matters into her own hands and grabbed the laundry basket, sliding it next to the attic ladder. "Don't worry, Daddy! I'll catch you!" she assured him. Very sweet, and almost makes up for the meltdown she had an hour before when I informed her she couldn't have sprinkles (non-pareils we put on our ice cream) before supper.

No job news yet, although the first interview for DH went pretty well. Not sure if he'd be a good fit for the company, but who knows? Nothing on my front yet, either. *sigh*

On another front, I will have no Internet access the next two days, because I am taking a break. I announced yesterday evening to hubby that I need a break away from children, away from everything and everyone for a while. I finally realized that as long as I wait for one, I won't get it. Therefore, after I finish this, I am packing a small bag and disappearing overnight somewhere. Don't know where yet,it may be a few miles from home, may be a few hours from home. All I know is that even though we can't afford it, I can't afford not to.

No comments: