Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stuff

Thank heavens we had a beautiful day after all that wild weather stuff that went on yesterday afternoon and last night. Beautiful except for some very strong winds, that is. We were fortunate here in Midtown by not being hit as heavily as most areas. And if all the wind and rain didn't remind us of the tornadoes that hit downtown last year, the newscasters took every opportunity to do so over and over!

My day started early with an MRI appointment at 7:30. (Fortunately, the facility where it was scheduled was very close by.) I was asked several times if I had any drug allergies or problems with contrast dye. I said no and promptly broke out in hives when the dye was injected. It was true but I have to wonder if they believed me. They did monitor me an extra hour to be sure I was okay.

Guess it could have been worse. Actually, it did get worse. I think I broke my finger. If it is still swollen tomorrow, I suppose I will have to get it x-rayed. With that very long MRI today, I've had so many "pictures" taken that I could probably set off a Geiger counter.

No comments: