Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Don't laugh

Those of you who know me will laugh when I say I need to be more assertive but I really do.

I played trivia tonight with a group that calls themselves the Delta Force and we tied for third. There was a big crowd there but we could have done a little better if I had spoken up on a couple of answers. Darn it, I knew them but just didn't have enough confidence to speak out. Have to work on that, lol.

They really are a nice bunch of folks though and I had a great time. I had walked down to the restaurant earlier and they readily invited me to join them before the game started. It's only about a block from my condo but one insisted on giving me a ride back. It's well lighted and I didn't mind walking back but I accepted and enjoyed the company. I've been invited to join them again next week and I think I shall.

Also met one of my near neighbors, a nice lady named Annie. She lives just across the way with her mother. She says she writes music, mostly blues, and I'm looking forward to hearing some of her compositions.

Definitely looking as though this community will be a good fit for me.

No comments: