Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday

Back in the country this morning. The other grandmother filled in for me Monday morning so I'm repaying the favor.

Today was earliest I've left home since DST reverted to EST and the view was a bit unusual. Even though the sky already turned a light shade of blue, I could still see a full moon lingering low in the western sky as I drove towards the Interstate. The sun still hadn't cleared the horizon but glints from a few visible rays cast light onto glass-sided buildings, causing them to appear as though they were twinkling. An interesting contrast and a warm, welcoming sight to see.

It was a different story when I turned and headed east to get here though. The sun seemed to flounce into the sky all at once, blinding anyone trying to drive towards it. I'll take that over morning traffic on westbound traffic on I-20 anytime though. While eastbound moves along, you can see every lane on the other side of the freeway packed as solidly as sardines in a can and completely stopped for long stretches.

The view here is gorgeous now and the drive back should be pretty. For now, the sun is shining and the leaves are still lovely, all in all, a wonderful day to be alive!

No comments: