Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

Today is the perfect time to reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for. I've had some medical glitches that have stressed me out but when I look around I realize I have so much more to be grateful for than many others do.

I have a warm home, a good car, clothes, food, and all the essentials that many are lacking. My children and grandchildren are healthy and happy despite the setbacks in their lives from the economic downturn. They are happy to have jobs no matter what they are instead of trying to subsist on unemployment, etc.

A young man I kept at my day care center when he was just a young child himself lost his wife from an auto accident day before yesterday. It's difficult to find something to be grateful for in that but their baby she was carrying survived and is doing well so there’s a bright note even in this much pain. When I think of this and similar situations, it gives me even greater pleasure to see my grandchildren laughing and playing and thriving in general.

The years left in my life seem to be speeding by at warp speed but even now I am in awe of my real blessings. I hope everyone else is also.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

No comments: