Friday, November 20, 2009

From a 3-year-old's perspective

I traded my Monday morning stint with Little Bit for Friday morning this week so her other grandmother could leave early for a trip. It's amazing to see how much she has changed in just a few months. She's gone from a mostly quiet child into a full time chatterbox. She's also speaking much more clearly so her parents had better be careful what they say. (They only think they have secrets from me!)

The following excerpt is just a small part of what transpired today.

Her: I'm going to live forever and ever!!

Me: You are? That's really a long time.

Her: Yes. (pause) It takes a long time to get dead.  It not fun to get dead. It makes people sad and they cry.

Me: Cracking up, laughing.

Her: (Laughing): That was a joke, Judy! (She sounded delighted that I "got" her joke. Actually, I didn't. It was all just  funny.)

No comments: