Thursday, September 24, 2009

In the country...

I've decided that it really doesn't matter if you leave in late afternoon or early evening, there's always going to be traffic jams on I-20 east. Or it seems to be that way every time I come out here to Thirtysomething's home in midweek. I thought it might be easier than leaving the ATL at 6 a.m. in the morning but maybe not.

Having Little Bit running excitedly towards me with her arms open wide and hugging me tightly for a long time is definitely worth it though. She and big sister are always excited to see me and that definitely boosts my ego.

I will stay with her in the morning while Mom works and head back home after lunch. Hopefully, going against traffic on the way in will make it a little easier on the return drive. I shouldn't complain though. It really wasn't that bad and looking at what so many people here have gone through these past several days and what they are facing, it seems pretty small overall.

I'm probably going to bed soon. That Jack and Diet Coke that I had at lunch is making me a little tired. Maybe it will help me sleep!

No comments: