Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What was that big yellow thing?!?

When the sun came out this afternoon, I barely recognized it. It was wonderful to see it shine after such a long time and so much water. As a matter of fact, I was so happy that I sat outside to eat my lunch.

We have so much to be grateful for though. So many have lost so much, some even their lives, others all they have worked for much of their lives. We're are all well and unscathed and it humbles me to know it has had no real effect on my life so far. I don't even have to get around with all those roads clogged from Interstate closings unless I choose to.

Even the South and Middle Georgia floods of 1994 created no problems in my life other than having to drive a hearse the long way around to get a dead body to Macon for cremation. In retrospect, that was pretty darn small. Yep, life is good.

1 comment:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Very true, very true. Always helps us to look around to appreciate what we have.