Saturday, September 5, 2009

This and That

Well, just had a nice visit with my mom. We went to the park and the girls played, visited the Green Market (thanks for the loan, Mom!), and just relaxed a bit. We didn't get started until late, but the weather cooperated and stayed nicely overcast until we were almost ready to leave. The girls were up late thanks to the football going on at the high school that was just finished a few months ago. We're so close to the school that when it's Friday Night Lights, our house practically vibrates when the band plays and the PA system sounds like it's in our backyard. Oh, well, I suppose it could be worse, at least we don't have to cope with sirens at all hours like Mom does.

Alas, Little Bit has been pulled out of preschool. Actually, I'm making it sound sad, but I'm not sad at all. It's quite a relief, to tell the truth. It was getting very frustrating that she was getting sick every time she went. There's going to be lots more juggling going on instead of just taking her with me, but over the course of two weeks we spent close to 250 dollars, not including the unpaid day I had to take last Monday when she had to go to the doctor. She was literally up from midnight until 7:00 with an unrelenting cough. The new inhaler we're using definitely helped her cough tremendously, but the side effect of such effective medicine is that it put her in hyperdrive. She had a little case of the shakes, but most noticeable was the crazy way she was acting. I was feeding the fish and heard behind me "Look out belowwwww!," and turned in time to see her swan diving from the ledge in between the kitchen and living room over our loveseat onto the hardwood floor. By the grace of God, there was already a couch cushion that had fallen onto the floor and she somehow landed on it. She's a daredevil anyway, but it's like the medicine intensified it tenfold. As I told the director, financially, physically, and emotionally, we can't keep having her getting sick so often. With swine flu and all the uncertainty about the upcoming flu season, I'm happy to have her out for another year. I'm very grateful that the grandmothers are willing to help me with this; if not for them, I don't know what I would do.

No comments: