Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rain, Rain, and More Rain!

Whoever has been praying for rain must really be doing a bang-up job. I got half drowned going from the chiropractor's office to my car and about the time I dried out, I had to go back to my car at Midtown Tires. In my defense, it wasn't raining when I went into either place. The sun was even shining at the doctor's office when I went in but that changed in a hurry.

It was after 6:30 p.m. before I could get away from having new tires put on my car. It seems the heavy rain was playing havoc with their computer and it took a while to get the paperwork finished. A lot of aggravation just to spend that much money!

Tenth Street was so flooded I could have sworn I saw an ark coming down the street. Of course, having to watch my side of the street while plowing through a wall of rushing water might have impaired my vision just a bit. That and having my car going under a huge waterfall every time I met another vehicle.

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get to my apartment but knew if I sat still, the water would come up into the car so I literally plunged ahead, albeit slowly, and made it safely. It was a big relief when I finally did pull into the parking deck.

Oh well, no fire ~ not with all that water ~ but spending that much money today and house and car insurance coming up soon, famine might not be too far behind!

No comments: