Friday, August 7, 2009

Adjustments

Well, we're almost done with the first week of Kindergarten. Other than blistering her hand on the monkey bars, we've escaped pretty much trauma-free ('course, the day ain't over yet...). Roo is having a great time and I think really enjoys her teachers. It's going to be an adjustment when the "real" teacher comes back from maternity leave in October, but she seems very good, too, thankfully. Apparently, the honeymoon is waning for many of the students, at least according to the Kindergarten gossip I'm hearing in the carpool. Their conversations are hilarious, and range from who moved their clip that day to the scariest dinosaur to the yellow jacket nest another Kindergarten class got into and how many of said students had to visit the clinic after being stung (thank heavens mine somehow missed that!).

I had to laugh last night about our dinner conversation. We were eating and Roo said thoughtfully, "Miss Helen died (she was a mother-in-law of one Roo's other grandmother's friends). I said, "Yes, she did." Roo: "Now she's in heaven with Jesus." Me: "Yes (notice the sage, thoughtful answers I provide?)" Roo: "You know, Mama, not all people go to heaven when they die." Me: "Oh really? Where do they go (inwardly cringing at the anticipated upcoming discussion about hell or whatever some other kid has told her)?" Roo: " They go to Loganville."

2 comments:

Life After 60 said...

LOL, made me think of that song, When I die, let me go to Texas" but that was supposed to be a compliment to Texas. I'm not sure about Loganville.

Thirtysomethingmama said...

I'm sure either...I think she was thinking of a cemetery we saw there the other day or something, but I'm just not sure! Questioning her got me nowhere :)