Sunday, August 23, 2009

Whew!

It has been quite a busy week! New job, new preschool (& first one for Little Bit), and both girls and Daddy sick. I'm crossing my fingers that next week will be smoother.

On a good note, I got to spend some much-needed alone time with DH this afternoon. We had lunch, went to Kohl's to spend his birthday (from July) money on some new work shirts, and went grocery shopping, thanks to my mom who bravely offered to keep the girls again to let us get out. God bless her, you'd think she'd have had enough from staying with them while they were sick, but she came back for more ;-) We don't have money to pay her, but she definitely has our appreciation and heartfelt gratitude, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Also got to see my best childhood friend and her husband and their two dog "children." They stopped here on their way to North Carolina, pulling their camper behind them. It's so funny to watch them with their dogs, whom they've just had a few months. These self-proclaimed "cat people" have taken to this little Yorkie and Chihuahua like crazy, carrying them around and babying them. BF's hubby even took the Yorkie into the living room where my children were watching Milo and Otis, and he kept pointing out all the animals and narrating it for the little fella. BF informed me that having the dogs was "almost like having real children, except you don't have to save for their college." Hmmm. Not sure I agree with that conclusion, but I'll let her have it.

No comments: