Sunday, August 30, 2009

Greatful

Another weekend about over and another rainy Sunday. Not complaining though. I'm especially grateful for the rain today. It rained out the last day of the Red Bull Soapbox Race so I don't have to listen to the extremely loud and annoying rap music they blasted all day yesterday.

I wound up spending a large portion of the afternoon at Dillards and can safely say I couldn't afford another day of avoiding the noise that way! Anther bonus is the street is finally open after being closed since Friday evening.

On another note, I heard something amusing when I had lunch at the Silver Grill today, a diner just a few blocks away. I got there about 1:30 or a little later and the cashier and one of the counter people were having their lunch at a table next to my booth. Their discussion about this and that lead to the younger one saying how much she liked Little Debbie Oatmeal Cakes but she knew they were not good for her to eat so many.

The older lady told her, "Oatmeal lowers your cholesterol so when I eat them I just say I'm lowering my cholesterol." Sounded good to me and I plan to remember it when I indulge again.

No comments: