Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Beautiful Day

There's something soothing about riding alone in a car at 6 a.m. That is, unless you're on the I-75/85 connector in Atlanta or I-20 westbound. Fortunately, I was on the eastbound side this morning and my ride was smooth. It felt so peaceful that I wasn't even tempted to gloat at the sea of headlights on the other side, not even when part of it looked as though it was a massive parking lot. Just felt a few little pangs of sympathy for those who had no choice but to be there.

This is my morning to stay with Little Bit and I have to leave early to get here in time for her Mom to leave by 8:00. Thank goodness she is in a good mood this morning. She did go in the bathroom and stuff bits of tissue in her ears when I kept nagging her about going to potty and brushing her teeth. She did what I asked anyway (eventually) so I ignored the obvious little rebellion she had going on. Sometimes you just have to pick your battles.

It was dark most of the way out here but as the sun has come out, you can see the lovely golds and reds and yellows of fall all around. All the hickorys and other trees preserved on this lot when the house was built provide a breathtaking view from the deck. The ride back after lunch should be lovely. I will never understand how anyone can enjoy such glorious panoramas and not believe there is a higher power in charge of it all.

Enough for Monday musings. I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day as much as I am.

No comments: