Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wish Seems to be in Vain

TH's wish for people not to get too much rain seems to be in vain. It's raining steadily again and appears it will be that way for a while yet. Oh well, we complain if we don't get it and complain if we do so at least we're consistent.

I've been lazy this week but I have a good excuse. I picked up five books at the library on Friday and of course I had to finish reading them. I'm done so now I have to go back (in the rain) to get some more. And I played bridge twice this week but that's two excuses, isn't it?

I really shouldn't get more books right now though. I need to pack the things I can do without in preparation for my upcoming move. Supposed to sign the lease tomorrow so maybe I will get inspired by that to get busy and even take a few things to the new place. Or not.

This waking up every morning at 4 a.m. is getting old in a hurry. No matter how late I turn in, I have awakened at the same time for about two weeks now. Thought when I retired I would sleep late. So much for that!

No comments: