Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

Bleah. It's a rainy, cold day, and I'm ready for some sunshine. I'm not one to complain too much about what weather we get, but my girls and I need some Vitamin D rejuvenation! We were out and about in the nastiness all morning and fortunately (?) are ensconced in our house right now. I question the fortune of this as I half-listen to the chaos surrounding me...Little Bit is pretending to be a Froggy in trouble and Roo is playing her a "Get Well Soon, Frog" tune on the piano while the dogs wrestle each other, with one soaking wet from being out pottying in the rain.

We went to the dentist this morning and Roo had sealants put on her permanent molars. Supposedly, they will help her from getting cavities in those hard-to-brush cracks and crevices. I figure if that's true, even with the inital cost (pretty expensive since we have no dental insurance anymore) it will be a worthwhile investment. Still haven't made that first visit with Little Bit, so I suppose I need to do that soon. They glanced at her teeth last time I was there and said they looked good, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will continue to be. Next on the agenda was the library, where they were holding a Spooky Storytime. It was lots of fun, especially the Bat Windsock craft the girls got to make. We're really getting into the crafty thing: we made paper bag trees and salt dough ghosts for Halloween as well. Since Little Bit is getting older, it's a lot easier for us to do more fun stuff like that.

Back to work tomorrow...the in-laws are keeping the girls tomorrow and planning to take them to Babyland General Hospital to get Cabbage Patch Kids. Don't know how that's going to work out with the rain, but am too busy cutting out stuff in preparation for my job tomorrow to worry too much about it.

No comments: