Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ego Boost?

It's not been a great day for personal news but at least I started it with an ego boost. Sort of.

I was just out of Atlanta on I-75 headed to Macon early this morning when a tractor-trailer rig pulled up beside me. He tooted his horn lightly and I wasn't sure why until I looked down. I wasn't aware until then that my skirt had slid quite high up my legs. From my vantage point, I could not see him at all but apparently he was getting a good view. He obviously could not see me well enough to tell my age or he was desperate because he pulled up beside me and blew the horn again.

I tugged my skirt down as much as I could without stopping the car in the middle of the interstate but he started riding my bumper, trying to pull up beside me again. Finally, I found an opening and shot the gas to my little car and managed to put some distance and several cars between us. Even though he couldn't see more than he would have had I been wearing shorts, I was grateful that at least my undies weren't showing!

3 comments:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Thank goodness you were wearing undies...right??

Life After 60 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life After 60 said...

Maybe. Don't ask, don't tell. :)