Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gotta keep up!

I really need to keep up with Saturday goings-on in the park. It's next to impossible to take a walk when there are 2200 little rug rats running the Junior Peachtree around the lake and elsewhere! Not to mention all the proud family members cheering them on! I did get a little bit of a late start but I'm sure the race was already underway at my normal time.

I managed to get across the mob line when there was a break between runners to take some food to the "The old lady of the lake," a mama duck who looks as though she is a little worse for the wear. Part of one side of her beak is missing and one foot is really maimed, probably from one of those dozens of annoying, greedy turtles that seem to always be looking for food of any kind. Her scars are old though and she seems to be doing fine. She won't go to the lake to eat with the others because she is guarding a nest just inside the fence that separates the walking path from the lake. She seems to know me and doesn't fuss quite as much when I stop and talk to her.

God, that sounds sad! Talking to ducks! But it's better than talking to some people I know.

Need to try to find time to get to McRae for at least a day very soon. I really need a decent hair cut and color job before ******* gets here for his visit. Also supposed to have second half of epidural Monday and really dreading that. Can't change some things but have to try to improve them!

1 comment:

Thirtysomethingmama said...

Glad you're taking care of the "old lady" duck. Sounds like the poor thing's had a rough time of it!