Sunday, May 10, 2009

Choices

I've had a nice weekend, an extended one if you count starting Thursday with going out to dinner with Son #1 and Friday with Thirtysomething, Son #2, Big Sister and Little Bit. All that attention and a long trip yesterday has me ready to rest a bit though. I was so tired last night that I overslept and was late for church this morning.

The "don't-go" demon might have won out but the "go" angel tapped my shoulder a little harder and I scrambled around to get dressed so as not to be any later than I already was. Son #1 invited me for brunch and Thirtysomething invited me to join them and her in-laws for lunch and a day at the zoo. Hmm. A hot day at the zoo or brunch at a nice restaurant. Tough choice. After soul searching for at least 30 seconds, I chose the restaurant.

It was a great day though. Sunday School, then a wonderful brunch at One Midtown Kitchen with Son #1. I chose fresh fruit, an excellent breakfast pizza, and a Margarita in lieu of dessert. As if the fantastic food was not enough, the server presented each mother with a rose when they brought the check. Very nice indeed. I know I have to buckle down and get the rest of my English journal written up before I get a return visit in June. More as soon as I get it ready.

No comments: