Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Just Walking in the Rain..."

A late start this morning found me walking in the rain. Someone in the neighborhood asked earlier this week to walk in the park with me today and asked if I could wait until about 8:45 instead of my usual early start. Temps were supposed to be in the 50s this a.m. so I agreed. My so-called "friend" didn't show up and didn't bother to call so I left alone about 9:20. By then a light drizzle had begun, but I missed my walk yesterday and didn't want to miss today too and I went anyway If anyone asks to accompany me again, it will be on my schedule or not at all!

Even in the rain Piedmont is an interesting place to be. Other people were there too, mostly with their dogs this morning. I saw the usual gaggle of geese, ducks, squirrels, and a tiny chipmunk darted by so fast I wasn't sure what it was until I turned around and finally spotted him/her. Caterers where setting up under a tent big enough for a revival meeting. I guess neither rain or whatever won't put a damper on a wedding. A huge generator was running wide open so it looks as though they had all the bases covered. Better them than me!

No comments: