Thursday, May 28, 2009

Random stuff

Just when you think things are getting better, the roof caves in. Again. Poor Little Bit (poor Mom!) can't seem to get well. With her immunity lagging, it seems something else jumps on her just as she's improving from the last germs/bacteria/virus/whatever she encountered. Now it's back to square one with bronchitis. Hopefully, this evil circle will be broken soon before she breaks her Mom.

In another vein, I woke up to not-so-good news this morning. The first thing I heard was that a murder had taken place in Piedmont Park next to my apartment complex. If there were any sirens involved, I slept through it all. I really don't think they came with sirens though. (Seems to be unnecessary when someone is already dead.) It's still being investigated but whatever someone was doing in the park after 2 a.m. most likely wasn't legal. No one is supposed to be there from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. but there's no way to keep them out. Too much territory and too many ways to enter. If that wasn't enough, there was a similar stabbing/robbery near CVS on Peachtree a few blocks away. Of course, that would have to be the pharmacy I've been using!

I skipped my walk this morning but news reports showed the blood was cleaned off the bridge this afternoon so I'll be back out there tomorrow morning. Definitely not going to be there after dark though,

It really isn't as frightening as it seems though. We also have similar things happening in McRae/Telfair County/Middle Georgia. Drugs are an ongoing problem there just as in other areas of the state and drug related killings are certainly not unknown either.

No comments: