Thursday, April 2, 2009

Introducing Nonnie and Wanda

Glad Mom's not having any problems with confidence, as evidenced from the last posting ;-)

Today was rainy and dreary. The girls and I went to Petsmart today to buy some more fish food, and somehow we ended up with two more goldfish. Actually, I know how...the 2 1/2 year old wrapped her arms around my waist and said "Mama, Brayda needs a new friend!" Oh, well. There went the resolve to buy fish food only, ooh and ahh over the other small creatures, and book it outta there.

I thought Brayda might actually enjoy some company, but I was sadly mistaken. I never knew a fish could look p* off, but this one did!! She was very displeased-looking that I introduced newcomers to her tank, particularly when one of them kept swimming around and aggravating her. We'll have to see how this develops. Hopefully, they'll all make nice and learn to tolerate each other.

Little Bit has had a stomach-thing on and off again the last several days, and it cropped up this afternoon again. I'm getting a little concerned, but just hoping it's the last gasp of another one of the stomach bugs that seem to be circulating around here. I called the pediatrician and the nurse mentioned there was a nasty diarrhea/vomiting bug going around and I informed her we had already "been there, done that" a few weeks ago. They're saying to amp up her starches and give it a couple more days, so we'll do that. Monday, if I'm not seeing a marked improvement, she's going in.

The older one has been driving me crazy today. She's definitely going to be ready for Kindergarten this fall, or at least I will be!

No comments: