Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More additions to the zoo

Well, the girls decided to use their Easter money from Big Maw-Maw to buy frogs from the Learning Express store. There was a kit to get the itty bitty tadpoles and apparently they last forever, at least according to the store clerk, but when I found out they would eventually need a bigger home and a filter, I nixed that idea. We ended up with the small plexiglass container with bamboo and older tadpoles in it that you only have to feed twice a week. Hopefully, they'll last awhile but not too long (did I just say that?).

I started to cancel the outing to the toy store when I found out Roo got in trouble at preschool. Apparently, she had to move her clip, which is the first time this year. Fortunately, it's a very rare occurrence, but I made her call Daddy and tell him and apologize to her teacher. Of course, it was for not listening and talking too much, problems we are having at home as well. I had already promised her sister we would go, otherwise I would have nixed the trip. Hopefully, I'm not being too soft on her. She had to sit out a few minutes at the playground and she cried when having to tell Daddy about it, so I think she's gotten the message. She asked if she was in super-duper trouble. I told her if it ever happened again she would be in extra super-duper trouble and that it had better not.

Little Bit's been a total crab this afternoon. She apparently knows it because she even went and sat in the "sad spot" of her own accord (a chair she pulled into the corner) and cried.

I have had a huge sinus headache the last few days and am hoping that it gets better very soon. I love my girls, but the headache combined with their actions the last couple of days is getting to be a bit much.

No comments: