Friday, April 3, 2009

No Sushi Yet?

I haven't heard any crying and moaning from Thirtysomething's direction so I'm assuming the newest "grand-fish" are still among the living. They'd better watch irritating Big Mama though. She might have them for an entree.

The problem with the computer cable has finally been resolved but not until after I hauled the "easy" transfer cable and both computers to Best Buy. The first member of the Geek Squad informed me off the bat that something was wrong with my hard drive because the old one was loading so slowly.

Duh! Why did he think I bought a new one? If that one had had enough memory and a lightning fast processor, I wouldn't have been shopping in the first place! He also said it would cost $159.00 for them to retrieve the data. Well, since I had just used the darn thing before I left home, I knew he was way off base and I didn't appreciate him dissing my computer anyway.

I got another Geek on the case and this one quickly determined the disk that came with the cable was defective. Figures I would be the person to get the bad one.

Anyway, I brought them back home and started the transfer. I still have to load some stuff manually but at least that got most of it done More later when I haven't had such a long day!

No comments: